Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Review: Adam by Jacquelyn Frank



Adam by: Jacquelyn Frank
(Zebra 2011, 354 pages)
Cost: Free, ebookfling
Review:

Characters

Adam is a water demon who was immediately drawn to Jasmin, a vampire, from their first meeting despite the fact that they are enemies. After meeting again, 400 years later, Jasmin learns that what she had felt was missing in her life was the demon who had disappeared.


Plot
I'm going to try and write this without ANY spoilers. You'll understand after you read the book, which I do recommend. I've read this series from the beginning and was so excited to get to this one (the 6th). The way this story starts out though made me feel so shocked and upset I'm not really sure if I forgive the author for the twist in this book. Even though, as with the rest of the series, I got my HEA, it was such an emotional roller coaster to read most of the beginning of the book. I felt disappointed in characters that I had already put to bed in past books and a little skeptical that they would have reacted the way they did to the situation.


Once I got past the turning point in the story I enjoyed the romance the author created between Adam and Jasmin. I recommend this one but be prepared for a few shocks if you have any attachment to the other books in the series.




Sexual Content: m/f


At A Glance:
1= Could not finish the book
2= A struggle to read to the finish
3=Meh. Average with all the elements I like in a book but nothing notable
4= I ended it with a smile on my face
5=Excellent. I want to read everything this author has ever written and when I finish all the books on my wishlist I will reread it.

No comments:

Post a Comment