Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Devoured by Darkness by Alexandra Ivy






Author: Alexandra Ivy http://www.alexandraivy.com/index.htm
Title: Devoured by Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #7)
Format: Nook ebook 
Print Length: 352 pages
Published: December 1, 2010
Get it on Amazon
Get it on Barnes and Noble
Cost: $3.80 Barnes and Noble

Previous books in the series
1 - When Darkness Comes
2 - Embrace the Darkness
3 - Darkness Everlasting
4 - Darkness Revealed
5 - Darkness Unleashed
6 - Beyond the Darkness


Blurb:
Tane is a Charon, sworn to hunt and kill rogue vampires. His new assignment seems like a waste of his talents--until he catches up with the jinn he's been sent to capture. Half human, half demon, Laylah has a vulnerable streak that strikes right through to Tane's cold heart. He should be furious when she uses her powers to bind them together, preventing him from dragging her before the Commission. Instead he welcomes any reason to stay close enough to touch, to taste, to seduce. . .
Laylah doesn't know why she was chosen to protect a child who may be the catalyst in a war between good and evil. But the mysteries of her past pale compared to the dangers approaching. Tane is devastatingly strong, breathtakingly sensual. And Laylah will have to trust in every ounce of that strength, because her enemies are drawing near, eager to destroy them both. . .


My Review:
Would I read it again? No, but that doesn't mean it didn't keep me up all night so I could finish it. The plot kept me interested but the characters fell short for me on this one. Tane seemed a little stale and I never felt like he had any depth. 


Boy meets girl. Boy compares girl to his tortured past. Boy overcomes his doubts and falls for girl. Girl becomes completely dependent on boy. Blah. I just wasn't feeling it. But like I said, the plot was good enough that it kept me interested. 


Rating: 4 out of 5





No comments:

Post a Comment