Saturday, January 21, 2012

Review: The Last Honest Woman by Nora Roberts

The Last Honest Woman by: Nora Roberts
 Source: Audio Book - Library
 (Mills & Boon 2011)



Blurb:
Never tell the whole truth, nobody wants to hear it. As the widow of an infamous racing car champion, Abby O'Hurley shunned publicity. Now a single mum, struggling to keep her family and farm afloat, Abby has invited charming, disarming and ruthlessly cynical biographer Dylan Crosby to tell her story. Abby's doing it for the sake of her sons, but she needs to keep Dylan from uncovering her darkest secrets. She'll tell him just enough to close that chapter of her life, even if Dylan wants more than she's willing to give...

Review:
I can usually count on a Nora Roberts book to be a decent read but honestly, the only reason I was able to finish this book was because I really wanted to give the whole series a try. From the start I wasn't able to connect with Abby. I had a hard time with parts of her character that seemed so incongruous I felt like there were two characters instead of one. One minute she was strong, the next she was a weak helpless female that needed a man desperately to help her with everything. She was brave, and scared. She was a mystery but she was the most open and honest woman ever invented. She made my head hurt.
Dylan was overbearing, pushy, and opinionated. At least his characteristics were consistent but geez, it certainly didn't endear me to him and I would have kicked him out of the house for his unprofessional behavior.
Not one of my favorite Nora Roberts books.
   
Sexual Content: m/f


At A Glance:
1= Could not finish the book
2= A struggle to read to the finish
3=Meh. Average with all the elements I like in a book but nothing notable
4= I ended it with a smile on my face
5=Excellent. I want to read everything this author has ever written and when I
finish all the books on my wishlist I will reread it.


Challenges: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment